About the World Association of Detectives
A Global Alliance of Investigators & Security Professionals
With origins dating back to 1921, W.A.D. is the longest established and largest association of its kind in the world.
The World Association of Detectives was formed as a joint venture by the combined membership of the World Association of Detectives and the International Secret Service Association for the following purposes:
- To promote and maintain the highest ethical practices in the profession of private investigator or security service;
- To select for membership only those individuals whose personal and professional backgrounds and business affiliations have strictly observed the precepts of truth, accuracy and prudence;
- To eliminate unreliable, incompetent and irresponsible members of the profession;
- To foster and perpetuate a spirit of cooperation among its members and with all those engaged in law enforcement; and
- To further and establish a mutual feeling of trust, goodwill and friendship among agencies throughout the world.